Colsterworth Festival Schools’ Day at the Grantham Meres Leisure Centre.
The Colsterworth Festival presents a wonderful opportunity for children to perform, to sing, to play instruments before a large audience, Showcasing your school.
Projects already undertaken in School can be used and the Festival gives pupils the chance to perform before a much wider audience – the children enjoy the experience of being on a really big stage and the competitive element.
- The adjudicator speaks to the children at the end of each section, with positive comments about what has gone well and how to improve the performance.
- Every entry receives a certificate and an adjudicator’s comment sheet – and there are medals and trophies to be won.
- You don’t need to specify which songs/pieces you are playing as these can be announced on the day.
At the Meres, there are classes for:
- School Choirs
- School Orchestras and Recorder Groups
- Choral Speaking
- Group Acting
- Educational Dance – whole class or group/club work
and in the evening at Colsterworth Village Hall
- Film making
- Separate classes for individuals and groups
- Different styles e.g. Stop-motion animation, live recording for documentary style, factual or fictional films (films do need to be submitted in advance, so we can ensure they function with our equipment)
Fees: These are kept deliberately low for our Schools’ Showcase day
- Up to 20 performers: £10.00
- From 21-40 performers: £13.00
- Over 40 performers: £15.00
All our classes comply with the National Curriculum, so pupils are enabled;
- to sing and to use their voices, to create music with others
- to play and perform in ensemble contexts, using their voices and playing musical instruments with increasing accuracy, fluency, control and expression
- to participate in the artistic practice of drama and have opportunities to….a range of audiences, so confidence, enjoyment and mastery of language are extended through public speaking and performance
- to learn a wider range of poetry by heart